Monday, October 02, 2006

sometimes i run

sometimes i hide

sometimes i'm terribly embarrased for actually quoting britney spears songs. but for some stupid reason it's in my head, jammed in between the left hippocampus and "chasing cars" by snow patrol. whatev, you know the theme here. anyway, to the point is that i'm in a bit of a funk. not so much savion glover/jamiroquai/george clinton/marky mark, but rather more sun kil moon/elliot smith/tom waits/nick cave. and it, like most funks that plague mankind, is quite inexplicable.

so my coping mechanism has been excessive shopping (yes, i am indeed "such a girl"). but don't you worry, i also did my requisite drink-until-the-self-loathing-turns-into-false-confidence-and-general-inappropriateness. my laundry list of shame (which sadly doesn't include actually doing my laundry): 4 pairs of shoes, 3 baking pans, 2 bottles of cheap champagne, and 1 jack and coke (ok, more like 7... but we'll say 1 for the sake of the sequence). does it make me feel better? absolutely not. and i have the black nail polish to prove it.

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I read your post and saw "jammed in between the left hippocampus" and misread it as "jammed in between the left hippopotamus" and thought, "Wow, Erica has a left hippo in her head". And then I realized, no, it's just that I have trouble with reading.

Hooked on phonics didn't work for me :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home