Monday, January 23, 2006

stick a fork in me

and yet again, i'm staying late at work. except this time i had the great assistant's priviledge of ordering food for my bosses and 15 other designers working on some hot project. so begrudgingly, i ordered. i also picked up the 65 pounds of carmine's and hauled it back up to the conference room and layed it all out on the table only to watch the drooling behemoths shove their hands into every single trough of pasta, meat or some pasta/meat combination. gotta feed those creative minds, you know? whatever. i didn't care. i'm walking away with my tiny plate of penne alla vodka so i can eat and study at my desk when one of my newly bestowed upon me bosses (i have 6 now, gracefully awaiting a 7th) says to me, "thanks jade. you always order so well." and then i died, rose from my death, and said, "yeah sure, no prob." i humbly sulk the rest of the 3 feet over to my desk while the invisible me throws her plate at the wall, jumps on the conference table (a la brandon lee in the crow) and proceeds to litter the room with death by meatballs. the walls are covered with marinara and blood. truly, a beautiful scene.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 1:39 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

er, darlin', you make me laugh so much. your blog brings light into my cloudy seattle days! i wish i had your pretty brain (doesn't that just sound creepy). keep up the good work. love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home