Wednesday, November 16, 2005

sample hell

went to the sigerson morrison sale today. stood in line for an hour and 15 minutes behind this loud-mouthed mother and daughter combo. they were clucking madly about their own personal (absolutely fabulous) experience with sample sales and scoffing at women who were in line with their babies sleeping peacefully in their baby bjorns. i was thoroghly annoyed, but it was nothing that a little more volume on the good ole' ipod couldn't fix.

i finally get to the front doorway (the line then wrapped through the foyer and up the stairs) just to see the most gorgeous white leather bag walk out with the most undeservingly fashionable woman toting an equally as beautiful chloe paddington bag. not a minute later, the wretched mother of aforementioned combo receives a phone call on her pink swarovski crystal studded razor. upon finishing the call, she turns to me and says, "just wanted to let you know, that my other daughter is on her way and will be joining us in line." and then...

me: i guess i have no choice in the matter.
her: well you don't need to have an attitude.
me: i think my attitude is completely warranted, and i believe the two hundred other women in line behind me would agree.
her: uh...
me: yeah. (put my headphones back on)

bitch for bitch. it's only fair.

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 10:12 PM, Blogger FrannyD said...

thats perfect.

 
At 11/18/2005 7:21 PM, Blogger erica said...

so i forgot to mention that when her daughter came, she brought along with her two other loudmouthed women. yep. that's a total of three haggard and annoying chickenheads i less graciously "let" in front of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home