Tuesday, November 08, 2005

rhyming is fun.

below are some lyrics that i'd like to share with you. read at your own risk of losing brain cells.

"you're beautiful" by james blunt
you're beautiful. you're beautiful.
you're beautiful, it's true.
i saw your face in a crowded place,
and I don't know what to do,
'cause I'll never be with you.


"confessions of a broken heart (daughter to father)" by lindsay lohan
(don't even get me started on parenthetical song titles)
i wait for the postman to bring me a letter
i wait for the good lord to make me feel better
and I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders
a family in crisis that only grows older


"my hump" by black eyed peas
(hands up if you hate, hate, hate this song)
what you gon’ do with all that junk?
all that junk inside your trunk?
i’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
get you love drunk off my hump.



and if you thought that was bad, get ready for the mother of all egregious rhymes - nickelback's "photograph." between being labeled "the non-christian creed" or "that other crappy band from canada," it's really hard to take these guys seriously. and this really doesn't help. below are just the verses. now try to imagine this being soulfully sung by a dude with highlights and a bad perm.

look at this photograph
everytime I do it makes me laugh
how did our eyes get so red
and what the hell is on joey's head

and this is where i grew up
i think the present owner fixed it up
i never knew we'd ever went without
the second floor is hard for sneaking out

and this is where i went to school
most of the time had better things to do
criminal record says i've broke in twice
i must have done it half a dozen times

i wonder if it's too late
should i go back and try to graduate
life's better now than it was back then
if i was them i wouldn't let me in

we used to listen to the radio
and sing along with every song we know
we said someday we'd find out how if feels
to sing to more than just the steering wheel

kim's the first girl i kissed
i was so nervous that i nearly missed
she's had a couple of kids since then
i haven't seen her since god knows when


chad kroeger. what an ass(onance).

1 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger FrannyD said...

i most certainly do hate "my humps." and i did hate that nickleback song, but i wasnt sure why, and now i know! thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home