Tuesday, August 30, 2005

awkward much?

as awkward as a k surrounded by two w's, i just experienced being the third wheel, or pulley in this case, in the elevator.

here's the scenario:

i enter an empty car on 30, going down (my thoughts are in parentheses)
elevator: 29 (ding!)
man and woman enter. man looks at woman, then looks away when she looks back at him.

woman: "hi"
man: "good, how are you?"
woman: "good, how are you?"
man: "good... uh, good."
me: (snicker snicker)
woman: "uh... i know you, right?"
man: "uh, yes? um, do you work here?"
me: (nope, just like to ride the elevators. it's good for stabilizing my chi.)
woman: "yeah, well i used to work here, then i stopped, and now i'm back. i'm doing promos for vh1."
man: "oh. cool. 15 years. i've been here."
me: (spit. it. out. please.)
woman: "oh."
man: "news editing."
woman: "oh. ok."
man: "yeah."
woman: "you guys have nice avids up in there."
me: (was that a pick up line? perhaps i should use that more often.)
man: "yeah we just got them. they're great."
elevator: 21 (ding!) - man gets off
woman: (as man walks away) "well, see you around!"
man just keeps walking
woman looks at her feet and presses the lobby button repeatedly
me: (so. uncomfortable. can this elevator go any faster?)

sometimes in my dreams where i'm being chased i have the magic ability to blend into walls. 10 minutes ago, i wished that were real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home