Friday, April 22, 2005

worst morning ever

well ok, not ever, but it was bad. i wake up just a little too late to go to the gym, but too early to get ready for work so i decide that i'll sleep for a little longer. however, the radiator isn't seeing things my way. its incessant banging (like a shovel to metal) keeps me lying in my bed, staring at my ceiling and cursing myself to numbness. 7:42.

so then i miss the express by 2 feet (after i hurdled the family of 4 holding hands on the stairwell). i get on the local and move up in cars at each stop only to stand by the door that not only closes on my purse (thus smashing my otherwise perfect banana) but also is completely shattered and haphazardly duct taped back together. i'm glad that the mta fare hikes are really being put to good use. 9:28.

i get off at times square (my favorite place in the world), run up the stairs, blaze through the turnstile (did i mention that i'm late, again?) only to be socked in the face by a woman spastically putting on her backpack. i can only assume that she's a tourist because to my pathetic wimper she responded, "oh honey, ahm sooo sawrry." i put up a forgiving hand and ran out to try and catch the blinking red hand across 42nd street. i play sidewalk frogger for 2 blocks and make it into the building by 9:32.

i get into the elevator by myself, grinning as the doors close, only to be halted by a rogue swinging newspaper causing the doors to reopen. who should get in but the annoying it guy from my department (that's IT, not "it") who proceeded to talk my ear off for the next 30 floors. bah. come on elevator, go faster. 9:34.

ok. i'm at my desk. evp's assistant calls. evp needs a car. evp needs a digital camera. evp wants you to meet her downstairs in 10 minutes. boss needs an out of office notice. other boss needs a list proofed. co-worker needs a spreadsheet. stomach needs food. 9:37.

in the words of the illustrious chickenlittle, fuck you friday!

4 Comments:

At 4/22/2005 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Blogger. What I really wanted to say was "Damn, Er beat me to the "eff you marzipan!" reference over at chickenlil's place. But nooo. Blogger says "ooh create an account, so easy!" and doesn't let you click on anything to submit your username etc. Anything. At. All.
Tease.

bitter jack.

 
At 4/22/2005 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh right. Also, your day sounds awesome er, just awesome :P
jack

 
At 4/24/2005 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

write anything.

 
At 4/24/2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, E-Roc, why?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home