Tuesday, April 12, 2005

only in new york

i got out of work late today (again). thank the sweet lord for overtime. anyway, i get onto a not-so-crowded local train and sit and listen to my ipod/pretend to read the new yorker. at the next stop, these two guys get on the train whilst deep in conversation. one guy sits down to the right of me, leaving less than six inches of space for his friend to either sit across from him or suck it up and remain standing. nope. he did neither. in fact, still exchanging wit with freshly sitting friend, he proceeds to aim for sitting in the six inches of remaining space and ends up landing in my very suprised lap. upon realizing his metroblunder, he jumps up (replacing his previous conversation with slight embarrassment) and gives me a quick look that i read as "pardon me miss, if you don't mind me asking you to move over just a little bit so i can sit here and talk with my cherished childhood friend whom i haven't seen (or sat next to) in many years nor will i ever see him again because he's moving to uzbekistan tomorrow and all i have is until prince street." but what actually came out of his mouth was, "hey yo, couldya - " i scooted before he could finish.

attitude is the new courtesy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home