Monday, April 04, 2005

my favorite things

the sun is really trying to kick the clouds' collective ass today. and i love it. so, as a homage to weather phenomena that i love, i will share other things in this crazy crazy world that makes it all worthwhile. so here we go:

beams of sunlight you can actually see, tangerines that have no seeds, catching the train just as you make it to the perfect spot, when other people say "sucker" or "kiss my ass" and mean it, emotionally unavailable semi-alcoholics, fresh out of the oven bread pudding (sans raisins).

when my ipod on random matches my mood, when people name inanimate objects (to a certain extent), kissing a guy with whiskey breath, singing while walking down the street, my just shaven and lotioned legs, edamame.

dark chocolate anything, putting away clean laundry, mom calling just to say hi (and that's it), chick peas, getting on and off the subway at the same stations as a really cute guy (ok, and then following him for a few blocks until it becomes really out of my way).

dancing to hip hop in my cowboy boots, sneaking lots of food and candy into the movies and making everyone jealous, big juicy medium rare hamburgers for breakfast, walking around for no particular reason, sitting on the roof.

6foot plus guys (extra height facilitates nestling), shopping for shoes while wearing new shoes, sharing new music with other people, texas steaks, and jeff buckley.

gotta get back to work. the filing cabinet is calling my name. sucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home