Friday, April 15, 2005

loserville, usa

i'm the mayor.


it's friday night, 10:45pm. let's backtrack a little, shall we? i have dinner with my roommate and two of her buddies from work. good. she leaves for philly, they go back uptown -- bad. i call other roommate. she's out with other friends -- bad. i call my inner circle. they're either staying in, spending time with significant other, or not picking up the phone -- worse. i even call the ex-bf with lame excuse of rounding up friends to go see a show (hoping that he'd round up a few of his cute friends to go with him). celebrating current gf's birthday -- i think i have a straight razor here somewhere. so then i admit defeat and convince myself that a night alone in the apartment will be a nice change of pace. i can practice my drums, butcher janis joplin songs on my guitar, and lounge around in my underwear. fantastic! so i'm checking out my undie-cladded self in the mirror (hawaii is 1 month away), walking back and forth between my room and the kitchen (checking if i have any missed calls -negative- going for the pint of ben and jerry's), when i look out my window and see middle aged neighbor man walking around in his underwear. that's when i realized: i'm a total loser. lights off, blog on -- cry through my fingers.

help!

1 Comments:

At 4/16/2005 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erica. You're blogs are a new reason to hang out on the internet. But now you cant say all the inner badness about your friends b/c your friends now read it. Sucka.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home